HEY SANTA!!!! Got this LEO's list????
It is truly amazing to see cops at Christmas. Wearing Santa hats in crisuers ( providing you don't get spotted ' out of uniform'), shaking hands and SMILING despite the crap we face. We're busy, very busy! Hey we're not the only public service working our tails off over the holidays, but we do have to put up with some of the ' stranger' incidents. But I'm a cop so I'm talking cops today.
Santa it's my personal request for you to keep the boys and girls in Blue safe over the Christmas season. I wish them safely home at the ends of their shifts no matter what hour that may be to their familes and friends. God, you watch over my Brothers and Sister's too.
The Street cops will be out there 24/7 also, keeping watch, keeping the peace, and making sure that the rest of the population is keeping the peace as much as possible so our citizens can enjoy the holiday time with their families and friends, attend gatherings safely, watch their kids open present's , etc. That's this years campaign slogan for the RCMP, " Arrive alive, don't drink and drive", and in the past 2 weeks 12,058 cars have been stopped and checked in my area, 58 charges laid for having
over 0.08 BAC, numerous violations for seat belts. expired D/L's, and over 100 24-hr D/L suspensions for blowing between 0.05-0.08. The campaign must be working as this time last year saw double the amount of charges laid.
Police work is always tough, split-second decision making, with unknown dangers lurking around every corner forcing us to keep our guards up. But during the holidy season not only are we enforcers of the law and peacekeepers, Officers also give of themselves in ways unseen to the general public. Cops get together and chip in to replace gifts stolen in breakin's and fires, so the litle folk will still have a Christmas, we put in shifts at the Cheer Board helping deliver hampers to the less fortunate, we volunteer our time for a lot of various originizations. I like to help out in Cops in Crisis, a LE suicide prevention line which is voluntarily manned by LE folks all over the US and Canada. I was priviledged to be able to help a Brother in S D this past Sunday, having to call out the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office to do a welfare check while I kept him talking on the other line. We do these things because it's who we are. So Santa grant me this wish;
You have our names and I sure hope that we are on your list, but instead of present's, please keep our boys and girls in blue safe and out of harm's way. Let everybody get home to their loving families. Twist the arms of the crooks just a little bit to allow the smiles and handshakes to last a little longer, give our dispatchers ears a rest with a few less calls. Sometimes you just have to make a wish to have things come true.
And Santa while I have your ear today, on your busiest day of the year, I wish for peace and justice for all citizens worldwide, after 25 years of policing in uniform and plain clothes I have seen far too many families and good people who have received far too little of it. With a little more peace and goodwill spread around all of us will have the opportunity to enjoy and experience the joy, the love, and the generosity which is what this season is all about.
To allof my LE Brothers and my Citizen friends, the happiest of holidays to you and yours, and may 2010 be your safest and happiest year yet.
My LEO Brother's YOU are my family and I love each and every one of you just like my own flesh and blood. Be safe, work safe. You're my family and I need you to celebrate the holidays next time they roll around.
Tom
Santa it's my personal request for you to keep the boys and girls in Blue safe over the Christmas season. I wish them safely home at the ends of their shifts no matter what hour that may be to their familes and friends. God, you watch over my Brothers and Sister's too.
The Street cops will be out there 24/7 also, keeping watch, keeping the peace, and making sure that the rest of the population is keeping the peace as much as possible so our citizens can enjoy the holiday time with their families and friends, attend gatherings safely, watch their kids open present's , etc. That's this years campaign slogan for the RCMP, " Arrive alive, don't drink and drive", and in the past 2 weeks 12,058 cars have been stopped and checked in my area, 58 charges laid for having
over 0.08 BAC, numerous violations for seat belts. expired D/L's, and over 100 24-hr D/L suspensions for blowing between 0.05-0.08. The campaign must be working as this time last year saw double the amount of charges laid.
Police work is always tough, split-second decision making, with unknown dangers lurking around every corner forcing us to keep our guards up. But during the holidy season not only are we enforcers of the law and peacekeepers, Officers also give of themselves in ways unseen to the general public. Cops get together and chip in to replace gifts stolen in breakin's and fires, so the litle folk will still have a Christmas, we put in shifts at the Cheer Board helping deliver hampers to the less fortunate, we volunteer our time for a lot of various originizations. I like to help out in Cops in Crisis, a LE suicide prevention line which is voluntarily manned by LE folks all over the US and Canada. I was priviledged to be able to help a Brother in S D this past Sunday, having to call out the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office to do a welfare check while I kept him talking on the other line. We do these things because it's who we are. So Santa grant me this wish;
You have our names and I sure hope that we are on your list, but instead of present's, please keep our boys and girls in blue safe and out of harm's way. Let everybody get home to their loving families. Twist the arms of the crooks just a little bit to allow the smiles and handshakes to last a little longer, give our dispatchers ears a rest with a few less calls. Sometimes you just have to make a wish to have things come true.
And Santa while I have your ear today, on your busiest day of the year, I wish for peace and justice for all citizens worldwide, after 25 years of policing in uniform and plain clothes I have seen far too many families and good people who have received far too little of it. With a little more peace and goodwill spread around all of us will have the opportunity to enjoy and experience the joy, the love, and the generosity which is what this season is all about.
To allof my LE Brothers and my Citizen friends, the happiest of holidays to you and yours, and may 2010 be your safest and happiest year yet.
My LEO Brother's YOU are my family and I love each and every one of you just like my own flesh and blood. Be safe, work safe. You're my family and I need you to celebrate the holidays next time they roll around.
Tom
Comments