IN MEMORY OF OFFICER BRYAN J. DURMAN LEXINGTON-FAYETTE URBAN COUNTY POLICE EOW APRIL 29 2010 My Friend My Brother LEO
Bryan :
I was thinking about you last night Bryan!! I was thinking about Brandy and your little man, your nephew Conner ( Who's getting OLD now Bry-- the big 16!! ), all of your family who I've come to know and love also through FB, and all of your co-workers at the PD. And hey Bro..you made me shed a few tears again..so what does an old cop do in that case?? He put's pen to paper so my thoughts will never be lost. This is for you Bryan...I miss you..and I'm not ashamed to say I love you too, I'm a bit of a softy under this gruff old cop exterior, but you know what I mean cop to cop when we say we love each other. And Bryan, if any of your co-workers or family ever need to talk..I'M HERE FOR THEM!
Rest peacefully my Brother, one of America's heroes!!
A COP CRIED LAST NIGHT
Yes, a cop cried last night,
And that Officer was ME!
I cried over the loss of your life, your smile, your laughter, your humour and wit.
I cried for the fact that we'd never be able to meet for a drink, a meal, a coffee anymore. To slap each other on the back and say , " How's it going Bro!" To share our triumphs and our downfalls, our secrets, our joys.
I cried for the fact that you my Brother aren't around to see your family grow, to share the joys of the small things in life with them. To see the smile on your child's face at the first A on a report card, or a home run at a baseball game.
I cried for the fact that you won't be here to share in the ' next big bust', to see the bad guys go away from your hard work and effort.
But mainly I cried in joy! For I know that you are always with us and you always will be.
I miss you my Brother....and I always will.. you'll never be forgotten my Brother, my Friend!!
I was thinking about you last night Bryan!! I was thinking about Brandy and your little man, your nephew Conner ( Who's getting OLD now Bry-- the big 16!! ), all of your family who I've come to know and love also through FB, and all of your co-workers at the PD. And hey Bro..you made me shed a few tears again..so what does an old cop do in that case?? He put's pen to paper so my thoughts will never be lost. This is for you Bryan...I miss you..and I'm not ashamed to say I love you too, I'm a bit of a softy under this gruff old cop exterior, but you know what I mean cop to cop when we say we love each other. And Bryan, if any of your co-workers or family ever need to talk..I'M HERE FOR THEM!
Rest peacefully my Brother, one of America's heroes!!
A COP CRIED LAST NIGHT
Yes, a cop cried last night,
And that Officer was ME!
I cried over the loss of your life, your smile, your laughter, your humour and wit.
I cried for the fact that we'd never be able to meet for a drink, a meal, a coffee anymore. To slap each other on the back and say , " How's it going Bro!" To share our triumphs and our downfalls, our secrets, our joys.
I cried for the fact that you my Brother aren't around to see your family grow, to share the joys of the small things in life with them. To see the smile on your child's face at the first A on a report card, or a home run at a baseball game.
I cried for the fact that you won't be here to share in the ' next big bust', to see the bad guys go away from your hard work and effort.
But mainly I cried in joy! For I know that you are always with us and you always will be.
I miss you my Brother....and I always will.. you'll never be forgotten my Brother, my Friend!!
Comments
Thank you for adding the human and personal to the outlines of this tragedy.
I am sorry for your loss and for the family of Officer Durman.
Sincerely,
Ann T. Hathaway