A " feel good blog" in more ways than one!! ;-)

It's Sunday about noon the last time I checked and I have decided to do something for ME for a change of always helping out others, but in a way I still am helping out ' others" ! ;-) ;-)
This is actually the first nice weekend we've had this year, sunny skies, great visability, slight breeze, and cool temps, ( +23 C = 72 F ). I'm going flying this afternnon instead of diving for a relaxation day. I decided to rent a Cessna 185 from our local flying club and tool around ' up there' for 3 hours, maybe see how the farmers fields are doing, go up over to the Interlake area area and see the boats on Lake Winnipeg, you know a PILOT thing to do. I have the lic. may as well use it!! LOL!! I actually have had "it" since 1978 and have a lot of airtime. I'm commercial/air transport rated.
I called my best friend/buddy/ex-partner here in the City and asked if he wanted to come along , and his little guy who is 4 years old was listening on the extension, ( I knew he was I could hear giggling.) Well Sizz didn't want to but Jack sure did!!! He is my Godson and the cutest little bugger you can imagine!! So Jack is my " co-pilot" this afternoon for 3 hours!! I even have a smaller set of David Clark headset in my flight bag which I purchased just for times like this, ( yes I can be a softie too!!) I had to take the push to talk button off the cord though as the last time it was ' pushed' and there was talking and the ATC's at St. Andrews almost had a heart attack thinking a 4 year old was at the controls, ( and yes...HE was!!) . He just loves it when he can sit on my knee and fly. He has both hands on the yoke and off we go, he still hasn't noticed that 'Uncle Tom ' has his right hand on the co-jo yoke on the right!! LOL!!! This little guy is amazing, so unafraid of everything, loves it when I'll pull a lazy 8 , or climb and push the yoke full forward to give him the weightless feeling of an ' asshonaut ' as he says. Me, my little buddy, and God, and we're one with the sky!!! The best part of all is the complete look of joy and ear to ear smiles when he is flying with me. That's priceless and well worth the $150 an hour dry rental. Hopefully my Cessna 180 will be back from the repairs and repainting , and engine change before snowfall so we can do this more often. I'm glad Dad gave that plane to me before he sold the fleet. It may be a 1968 model but handles like a charm.

And it wasn't my God son I was talking about when I mentioned that I will be doing something for somebody else in a way....the 5 year old daughter is at her friends for the weekend,,, so Mommy and Daddy are going to have a ' PLAY DATE ' if you catch my drift!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) I just wonder who will be having more fun????? :-)
Take care everyone and keep safe!!

Comments

Angela said…
Aww that's fantastic I've always wanted to learn how to fly! Your godson is really lucky to be able to experience that!

xx
Jaxs

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL OF MY " SOUTHERN" FRIENDS!!!!!

UNDERWATER EVIDENCE COLLECTING