4 A.M. and I'm writing a blog post!!! Must be old age!!! LOL!!!




Well we had a nice quiet and very WARM weekend here in the boonies, ( PRAIRIES) and I was able to go on 2 and 1/2 fun dives this weekend just North of here in Gimili on Lake Winnipeg. The ice just went off it 6 weeks ago but I was amazed to find the water wasn't too bad, and the visibility still really good, ( kids still in school, no body at the beach stirring up silt, and I was at 57 feet!!) but come the second week of July when school's out, the beach's are crowed, is when all hell will break loose. The 1/2 dive was due to the fact that I had not noticed my knife had slipped out of the scabbard on my leg so it was back down I went. It was at 76 feet laying nicely on the bottom and not in any "loon shit" so it was easy to find. I don't mind doing a bounce dive ocassionally but don't make it a habit. Not good on the deco tables!!! And I must be geting old as the first dive I blew an 80 cu ft. tank in 46 mins!! Usually I can stretch one out to at least 70 mins., and I wasn't even cold!!! Hmmm....I wonder if it was the Cohiba's?? Sunday's dive was a solo again as I couldn't find any of my regular dive buddies wanting to make the trek. Just as well as I wanted to relax.
Sunday evening was spent catching up on correspondence, sent out 18 letters by snail mail to the same person and NO I'm not chain lettering it. I have found a "dive soul mate" down in the lower 48 who I have hooked on collecting Naval Ship covers, pictorial pstmarks, and police department patches so I faithfully went through my collections and pulled extra's so send to my new buddy in COHAGEN MT. Don't ask, I'm as clueless as anyone where the hell that " village" is in Montana, but I'm sure to be getting hate mail from the local postmaster for making him/her work and giving the US Postal Service a bad name of actually getting the mail from point A to point B. That is after Canada Post has mangled it beyond recognition.
I think this is going to be the beginning of a lifelong friendship as we both like the same things:
1) BEER
2) DIVING
3) Collecting wierd stuff
4) BEER
5) COWS ( 4 legged, not wives and girlfriends) NOT YOU MARY!!!!
And seeing my little buddy is also Ex-Navy we have another thing in common. That always helps when a new friendship is happening, I just better not take up too much of his family time though, as Farmer's wives can be an ornery breed of folk!! I know first hand, my sister was one for 34 years before her death in 2007 from Lou Gehrig's disease. She was ornery to the end, mind you she did have a dip shit husband who I happened to have arrested on 3 different occassions. One I did!! Oh well, I hope he's having fun with his new town tramp who has 7 kids, by seven different guys, my ex-brother-in-law deserves that!! KARMA you know!!! Not that I believe in Karma as my name IS NOT EARL, but I'm glad it's working out like this for him. She's a real blood sucking parasite which I'm sure will go through his money at light speed!!! But enough of that , I'm just happy to have met Wayland and his family!!!

Well folks, it's the good old summer time again, temp's are rising, and so are folk's intolerence levels, so I will warn you, be safe out there. We have had 7 shootings, and 5 stabbings in my area in the last week. HOT WEATHER + BOOZE= DRUGS= A very bad combo!!! But job security!!
Have a good week, be safe, and guys, if you can't be careful, please don't name it after me!! LOL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL OF MY " SOUTHERN" FRIENDS!!!!!

UNDERWATER EVIDENCE COLLECTING

It's Wednesday and time for a joke!!!!