INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN COURT??? I CALL BULLSHIT ON THIS!!!!!



News Winnipeg
Crime spree leaves one dead
By SUN MEDIA

Last Updated: 12th July 2009, 11:36am


Four males are charged in a violent Friday night crime spree in the North End in which two men were stabbed, one fatally.

The homicide victim has been identified as 24-year-old Joseph Hall.

Winnipeg police said the mayhem began about 6:30 p.m. when a 60-year-old man was threatened and robbed of personal property by a number of males behind a business in the 800-block of Main Street. The victim was not injured.

At 8:30 p.m., a 17-year-old male and a 14-year-old girl were assaulted and robbed in the area of the 300-block of Selkirk Avenue. Police said the male victim was stabbed a number of times in the lower body and was treated in hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

A short time later a 54-year-old man was assaulted and robbed in the area of the 300-block of Burrows Avenue. The victim did not require medical attention, police said.

Moments after that incident, Hall was confronted by a group of males in the area of Aikins Street and Alfred Avenue. He was stabbed multiple times and taken to hospital in critical condition, where he died from his injuries.

A short time later, a 38-year-old man was threatened with a knife, assaulted and robbed of an undisclosed amount of cash while walking in the area of St. John's Avenue and Aikins Street. He did not require medical attention, police said.

The suspects then confronted two males, aged 52 and 17. They were threatened with a knife and one of the suspects stole their vehicle while the other suspects fled the area on bicycles. The victims were not hurt.

While attempting to find the suspects, police saw the stolen vehicle crash into a curb. The suspect inside fled the vehicle but was arrested a short time later by a member of the canine unit.

Police later arrested three other suspects. Randall Preston Bourassa, 21, James Michael McMahon, 21, Matthew Larocque, 18, and a 17-year-old man have been charged with manslaughter and six counts each of robbery.

All four males were detained in custody.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember back a few years ago when one of my favorite columns I used to read was called " My America" written by " Ed Anger". That guy made a hell of a lot of sense and I sure wish that the powers that be wouldn't have cancelled his writings over " political correctness'. I'm actually going to follow in his footsteps today with this blog post as I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!! ( From a shitty movie, but a great line).

I can see where the lack of morale is coming from in our local PD, and even in the RCMP now. We have to get back to the old style of policing where the criminals were actually afraid of the cops. Back to the days of the " elevator rides" in the PSB where the perps were afraid they may be the next to ride up to the interview rooms and have the elevator " accidently" experience a power failure between floors, ( with the arresting officers involved) with them. Shut off the god damn recording camera in the interview room, be able to take into custody the cam-phones of bystanders to make sure " non-politically correct photos have been captured on them, lest they fall into the hands of the media, with the Brothers doing their jobs in the " correct" manner of police work. It's time to get back to the old style of the 70's and let " cops be cops" once again.

The god damn native gangs are running the street's now, every day there are at least 20 calls involving the Indian Posse, Manitoba Warrior's, Native Syndicate, and the B-Side boys. They aren't afraid of the police anymore as these bastards have better weapons and equipment that the police forces do. They can afford higher paid lawyers than the Police Association has because they make more money from drugs, prostitution, armed robbery, illegal cigarettes, kick-ins at warehouses, "protection " money from small businesses, etc.. All the police association lawyer can do to protect the boys in blue when the job is finally done correctly , is what the "powers that be" allow him to. No wonder Bill Humphries stepped down as President of the Winnipeg Police Assn., he was fed up with the bullshit bureaucracy handed to him by city hall, (shitty hall), and I just hope that Mike Sutherland the current President doesn't get as frustrated as Bill and pack it in, as Mike is a "cop's cop". Down to earth straight shooter, don't take bullshit from nobody kind of guy.
My solution to the native gang situation is a fairly simple one which I know if published in the news would surely target me for a hit but at this point I really don't give a flying fuck as I'm tired of not being able to enjoy leisure time with out the fear of being hit by a drive by bullet, getting harrassed for spare change, "can you spare a cigarette", which is happening everyday.
An army can not run without Generals and leadership!!! My solution to the gang problem is simple and cost effective!! Most of the gang leader's are in Stoney Mountain prison at the moment, which is only 20 kms. North of the city and are still running the street crime from there. I say put all the leaders of the rival factions into the exercise yard, supply them with knives, bat's, booze, and let them kill each other. Let the Corrections Canada guards up on the perimeters with cold beer's and munchies to enjoy the show, and make sure no one is left standing after the carnage so the " clean up crew" doesn't get harmed when cleaning up. NO GENERAL'S, No ARMIES!! Simple as that.
As to the B Side Boy'z and the Mad Cowz, the African refugee gangs from Somalia, and Ethiopia, for fuck sake Immigration , when a Judge orders them deported, deport their asses back! NO APPEALS on humanitarian grounds, these people aren't human!!! Their own community leader's who run small businesses and such are afraid of their own kids, mainly because their kids are in these gangs. Four years ago my Doctor's 17 year old son was killed walking home from his part time job at midnight, caught in the cross fire of rival "nigger" gangs!! Enough is enough!!!

Let the Winnipeg Police and the RCMP do our jobs. Let us get back to old style policing. In the past years I have sent out more get well cards to officers hurt in the LOD, than I have in the past 5 years. It's bullshit because the officers hands are tied by the big wigs who haven't been on the mean streets in years, and rule from their plush offices up in the Golden Palace !! I'd sure like to see the Winnipeg Chief and the Head Inspector at " D" Division do one shift back in a squad car and see how fast policy changes!!!!!!
LEO's should be cops, not underpaid "baby sitter's"!!!! And finally shown a bit of respect for the shitty job that most people wouldn't have the balls to take on for 5 minutes, never mind 25 years until retirement!!

Comments

Easily Lost said…
You sound like a lot of LEO's down here. And I am all for going back to the old ways. Those of us who actually follow the rules, have absolutely no reason to worry.

My husband was a corrections officer, at a max security prison, for 25 years. His favorite solution was seal off all the windows and fill the place with cement. Only issue I had with that was it made prisons a one time use facility. I like your idea better.
I hear ya brother all the way down here in Texas. It is so easy to get fed up with the job, seeing the innocent injuried and killed. Sometimes shutting your eyes and dreaming of what you wish you could do is a stress reliefer. At least down here citizens are able to arm themselves and sometimes that works in their favor and it shows how hazard a job as a crook could be.
I was speaking with a black minister and "community advocate" tonight. He asked for a supervisor to respond so he could complain about an arrest made by an officer. Usually these advocates don't give a damn what a supervisor says, especially if the officer is white and the offender is black, but this fella was surprisingly, and refreshingly, different.

In between expressing his devotion to God he actually listened to what I had to say. I informed him, honestly, that I WOULD look out for my police officers. If they did something wrong, however, I WOULD take care of it. While I believe in the need for aggressive crime control, I would NOT tolerate an officer violating the Constitution I swore to protect and defend during my military and police service. You can't pick and choose which sections of our founding documents you are going to honor. I believe it's all or nothing.

He provided an honest and well considered assessment of the problems in his minority community and seemed to have a firm grasp on the fact that young black men are the most violent group in American society today and are killing one another at an alarming rate.

We then discussed religion for 45 minutes. Some call me an atheist, but as Todd Snider so aptly puts it in his song "Happy New Year" I consider myself an evangelical agnostic. I do enjoy a good debate on religion, though.

Prior to leaving, I assured this gentleman I would speak with the officer involved, view the video from the stop and the arrest and call him back as soon as I had done those things.

I was true to my word and called him back two hours later. I told him the officer acted appropriately and the complainants relative acted unreasonably. I informed that there was no doubt in this particular case because of the video. This gentleman respected the fact that I was straight with him right from the start. I even gave him some tips. Not on how to beat the case, which was solid, but how to instruct his relative to talk to the judge and at least shoot for a deferred prosecution due to his lack of a criminal history. I also provided some tips for his relative on what NOT to do when stopped for a traffic violation and turning a simple stop into a trip to jail.

Never thought I'd say it, but I am actually looking forward to working with this "community activist" and hopefully making some progress.

On the flip side, I suspect progress will not be so easy to achieve. After all, the young people causing all the problems are usually hanging out on the street corners instead of in church.

As I addressed earlier in those reviews of the Stamper book, the liberal, feel good, love everybody model of police work just isn't working. You are right. The crooks no longer fear the police. Until they do, things will only get worse.

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL OF MY " SOUTHERN" FRIENDS!!!!!

UNDERWATER EVIDENCE COLLECTING