Seeing as how most of my readers are in the USA!!!

Hey folks, I hate to post anything about line of duty deaths but it is a reality that we all have to face every time we head into work. It's a terrible, shitty subject that we all hate to think about but I have always felt it is better to be prepared. A few year's back a fellow officer who was a very near and dear friend of mine in Minnesota was killed in a LODD situation and at the time his wife had contacted me to help her out with making the arrangements and such. NO BODY on his Department, even the Chaplain knew anything about benefit's payable to survivor's so I had to do a bit of research and found the various orginaiztion's and such that help out in this time of need.
That is why I published my LODD benefit's posting previous to this, it is a good piece of information to print, put in a safe place, and to have handy should the need occur. WHICH I PRAY DOES NOT HAPPEN!!
Like the title of my blog goes, " keeping the Brother's safe one Blog at a time" I also tend to help out families of our fallen comrades also.
POLICE WEEK 2009 is quickly approaching and there will be memorial's, unveilings, and such all over our two great Country's, let's all keep SAFE, and pray for the other Brother's worldwide and their families, who have had to experience LODD grief first hand!!
As Always, WORK SAFE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL OF MY " SOUTHERN" FRIENDS!!!!!

UNDERWATER EVIDENCE COLLECTING